Friday, March 2, 2007

Opening Night!!!

Well last night was our first run with an audience (officially not opening night til tonight though). Everything went sooo well! The audience was not as responsive as I would have hoped, but afterward, they seemed to embrace the show completely. Everything went off without a hitch, even though I knew that everyone was a bit antsy. I don't think we were nervous about how we would perform, but more so for how the audience would react to our performances. So far so good! Oh, and we beat the presale mark by almost double, breaking new lines original record of 210 tickets sold before opening (for Chicago) with a brand new record of 405!!!
I can't believe how much I have totally enjoyed this show. At dinner last night, Scott Miller and I were talking about how sometimes, after you stage a show that has movie version attached to it, you just don't appreciate the movie version as much anymore. I LOVED the movie Grease growing up but now, I love THIS Grease sooo much better. I am so happy to have been apart of this production. I have learned so much and this cast rocks. I am truly gonna enjoy the next eleven runs of this show.

P.S. I totally stopped by Jack in the Box on the way home last night and got some curly fries that I shared with my dog!! Ha Ha! Maybe I should have eaten something small at Tucker's oops!

Toodles,
Isabel

No comments: