Sunday, February 25, 2007

Less than a week!!! I'm All Choked Up!!

On Friday my stress level was slightly high. I still hadn't found four of my costumes and I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do with my hair! I was really freaking out about how much time we have left before we open. In less than one week, we will finally get to share our little show with all of you. I sorta feel like we are letting you come into our little dysfunctional family home, and allowing you to share a couple of days with us.
Every time I step into the ArtLoft, I see another part of our show coming together. I think its my favorite part of this whole process. I love watching everything behind the scenes. I feel sorta special to be there watching the last touches of paint getting added to the set, the costume racks being set up upstairs, the lights being cued for every scene and the band come together to work on the music. Oh and its sooo much fun to find new little props for us to use!
Its amazing to me how much all of these things add to my character. I know that if all else fails, I will be transformed completely into Frenchy on Thursday night. I picture myself sitting at my dressing table after applying the last touches of hair and make-up, taking a deep breath and getting ready to get on stage as French. Its so exciting I could cry!! So, I did find my costumes (and adore them) and I think the only thing that I have right now, are exciting and nervous feelings. As I work on getting that right formula that is Frenchy, I get chills. I am so close to becoming her that she feels so much apart of me now. Scott Miller, you were right. I AM Frenchy.

xxoxx
Isabel

No comments: