Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Oh costume day, oh costume day...

This past Saturday I got home at about 9am after a night of debauchery with my friends. I knew I had to take a nap because I had a 1:30 costume appointment with Russ at his shop. I ran home, took a shower and napped until about noon. At about 1:20 I arrived at Russ' amazing costume shop. There were literally hundreds and hundreds of costumes from different time periods all around me! I could transform myself into a fifties "teenage doll" or a sixties "Bond girl" with every different costume I found.
Upon arrival, I bumped into Jeff Wright and Kine Brown. Kine had just finished finding all of her costumes and from her expression, I knew that it had not been an easy task. The Pink Ladies have seven separate costume changes!!! That's right seven, in a two hour show! We are going to have to pull some miracles backstage.
In the shop Russ was running back and forth trying to accommodate for all the people who he had to dress. Katie Nestor and I arrived at about the same time and we soon realized the daunting task of dressing this fantastic show. I myself, wanted to try on just about every costume that could possibly fit me. Is it wrong would you say , that I am 25 years old and still love to play dress up?
My first goal was to find an awesome prom dress. The first two I tried on were to die for but unfortunately, I was a little too top heavy for them. The third one, was a perfect fit. A simple tea length skirt on a sleeveless black dress. I pictued myself turning and twirling all over the stage. After Russ helped me locate long balck gloves and black patent leather stiletto pumps for it, I knew it was the perfect outfit. The dress moved with me and I could move with it. Add some fake eyelashes and a bouffant hairstyle and I am going to be a fifties prom princess. EVERY guys gonna wanna take to me into the backseat of his daddy's car baby!
For the next hour, I would search relentlessly for the right "Frenchy" outfits. I found a pink dress and sweater set which was so cute and fun, and also a green skirt, white blouse and peach sweater that just screams Frenchy. We ran out of time before I could find my other three costumes (excluding the nightie for the pajama party) but I can't wait to see what Russ and I come up with the next time we meet! In all, I must have tried on about sixty outfits and as soon as I get a breast reduction... I'm wearing them all!

No comments: